Read the below for all you need to know about our Graduate Progamme!
- You are eligible for the Graduate Programme if you are completing your studies or completed 24 months prior.
- You must have or be working towards professional Chartered Accounting (CA) or Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) qualification requirements to be eligible for Audit & Assurance.
- As part of our Graduate programme it is a permanent full-time position and a full programme of learning and professional development.
At Deloitte, we know that we’re at our best when we can be our true and rounded selves at work. Human beings aren’t just lists of strengths and qualifications. Our fears are as motivating as our ambitions, our doubts as grounding as our self-belief. It’s the diversity within each one of us, that makes us strong and brilliant. Because that’s what helps us to connect and to make an impact that matters for our clients and our world.
About the Deloitte Graduate Programme
Our structured Graduate Programme provides a collaborative, open environment where you can have a voice and bring your great ideas to life. You’ll be an important part of the team from day one, working face-to-face with clients on jobs that are relevant to your interests. As you go, you’ll enjoy a supportive environment where everyone is accessible and invested in your training and growth.
As a professional services firm, we have a broad range of opportunities open to students. It’s really important that you choose an opportunity which best fits your studies, skills and career aspirations. We ask students to apply to just one area of our business.
- Audit & Assurance
- Actuarial Services
- Corporate Finance/Financial Advisory
- Business Advisory
- Risk Advisory
Find out more information about our business units here.
The diversity of our services, our clients and the industries that we serve, in addition to our people, is why we believe Deloitte is the best place to launch and develop your career. Joining Deloitte is also your opportunity to become part of the worldwide leader in professional services and consulting, a global network of approximately 312,000 people in 150 countries and territories.
Your questions, answered:
How do I apply to the graduate programme?
Our vacancies are posted here.
Which area of the business should I apply to work in?
Choosing an area of our business that interests you and aligns to your studies can seem overwhelming. Explore more information about our business units here to see which business unit best suits you and get an idea of the work you’d be doing. Also try our Find your Fit Quiz to see what business units you can apply to based off your academic background. You can also meet our team at one of our upcoming university events to discuss the options available and which pathway might be best for you!
What kind of work will I be doing?
Our graduate roles vary depending on what business unit you are in. For example, if you’re in our Assurance and Advisory team you will be working with a team that advises clients on their accounting systems and controls, ways to improve them and reduce risk. In Financial Advisory, it’s all about working in a team that advises clients on buying or selling a business. Whereas, in our Technology roles, you could be in a team designing new systems or developing IT strategy.
Throughout your graduate training and entire career, you’ll connect with colleagues across different teams to tackle challenges for our clients. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. With a focus on technology and the latest digital developments, we approach every client with a clear eye on the future. It’s that vision that enables us to help the biggest businesses make some of their biggest decisions.
As our clients’ businesses grow so will your expertise. You will gain hands-on project experience working with professional and experienced teams. You’ll be encouraged and expected to think for yourself, use your initiative and work collaboratively to deliver pioneering solutions for our clients.
Who are Deloitte looking for?
We are looking for driven individuals who are clear have clear motivation for a career at Deloitte and their academic studies reflect this. We are seeking people who are analytical, confident, self-aware, results orientated and want to develop leadership skills early in their career. We encourage applications from a wide range of disciplines including business, engineering, maths, science, law, technology and arts, amongst others. Our success consistently lies in the fact that we recruit people who look at complex issues through a different lens.
Other requirements include:
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
What benefits are available?
- Bonus scheme: We offer a joining bonus for graduates to help prepare them for their graduate role (half will be paid a few months prior to graduates and the remainder will be paid upon start)
- Mobile phone packages for all staff
- Investment in graduates learning and development: We offer 9 professional qualifications you can choose from.
- If you’re doing your chartered accountancy and/or professional studies, we will financially support both if you’re going into our Audit, Business Advisory or Tax teams. We provide a generous study leave allocation.
- Southern cross subsidy.
- Study leave, volunteer leave, cultural leave.
- 22 days leave (including. birthday leave and Manaaki day).
- Bonuses for referring a friend!
- A variety of career pathways to support your interests and development. Your path is open to your design and where you want to go.
- Social club, outings and sports teams for you to join.
- Variety of discounts for services and products.
How’s the social life?
We’re a firm with many opportunities to network and meet new people. Aside from our regular team events, you can join societies of all kinds such as netball, touch or football. At Deloitte, everyone’s invited. See what we’ve been up to lately on our Instagram page.